May 15, 2008

Love Is In The Air



Who is that coming up from the wilderness, leaning on her beloved? Song of Solomon 8:5


My beloved is radiant and ruddy, distinguished among ten thousand. His head is the finest gold;his locks are weavy, black as a raven. His eyes are like doves beside streams of water, bathed in milk, sitting beside a full pool. His cheeks are like beds of spices, mounds of sweet-smelling herbs. His lips are lilies, dripping liquid myrrh. His arms are rods of gold, set with jewels. His body is polished ivory, bedecked with sapphires. His legs are alabaster columns, set on bases of gold. His appearance is like Lebanon, choice as the cedars. His mouth is most sweet, and he is altogether desirable. This is my beloved and this is my friend...Song of Solomon 5:10-16

Wow! All this love talk, why? Well our friends are getting married in about 2 weeks, and I'm SOOOOO excited for them both. Nothing like a wedding to get the ole' mushie meter working overtime.
I just can't help it. I have to praise God for the man He has blessed me with as my husband. I'll refrain from letting you know the other names I like to call him. Anyway, in preparing for the upcoming wedding shower, yes, shopping, I came across a wonderful little book. Here are some of my favorite quotes:
Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young. -Sir Arthur Wing Pinero
The sound of a kiss is not so loud as that of a cannon, but its echo lasts a great deal longer.-Oliver Wendell Holmes
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
The roses, candles, and love letters will one day be few and far between. When it comes to maintaining a happy marriage, friendship must outlive everything else.-Clint
Sensual pleasure passes and vanishes in the twinkling of an eye, but the friendship between us, the mutual confidence, the delights of the heart, the enchantment of the soul, these things do not perish and can never be destroyed. I shall love you until I die.-Francois-Marie Voltaire (1694-1778)
That about says it. Thanks for 20 wonderful years baby. Oh, one more thing. If someone asked how we've made it this far, I would have to say...COMMUNICATION. You have to communicate with each other, not at...if you know what I mean. Never forget the three powerful resources we all have available to us in our relationships: love, prayer, and forgiveness. Thank you Lord. And finally, remember that the quality of our relationship reflects the kind of care we give it. We can apply that to EVERY relationship in our lives, ESPECIALLY our relationship with our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

4 comments:

MrsEvenSo... said...

I'm reminded of a famous quote "When you relate to God rightly, you relate to others rightly". This is so true. When my relationship with Christ is askew so will everything else be even if it seems to be all right.
Congratulations you two love birds! You are a great example of how true love can last a lifetime.

Even So... said...

Ditto...

Haleigh's Mommy said...

This was good...but I have to say ewww...you're my parents! You're supposed to be robots or something!

Canary Joy said...

We're married, not dead.