March 10, 2009

She's Almost One! ONE? ALREADY???

WOW!!!! It's hard to believe that Haleigh is going to be one on March 24th. Has it really been a whole year? Pop-Pop and I are going to be making her birthday cake that her mommy designed!! We were quite impressed with our daughters creativity. Haleigh will be celebrating her first birthday with a three teird SpongeBob and Bikini Bottom themed cake. We are very excited and up for the challenge.


Dan and I are looking forward to our upcoming hiking trip! YEAH!!!!! We will be going back to South Carolina too conquer Table Rock Mountain. We are not completely "ROUGHING" it, YET...
We are bring Rocky (a.k.a. our pop-up camper). The BIG test for us will be in September. We are planning our first thru hike on the Foothills Trail in South Carolina and North Carolina. I haven't decided what to call this adventure yet. Maybe the... Make You or Break You Tour? ,The Nitty Gritty Challenge, Pack it In and Out, Thunderbolt Insanity Proclamation. I'm not sure what to call it yet, but whatever we decide, Dan and I will be hiking 76 miles, start to finish, with our backpacks loaded with enough food, supplies, and whatever else Dan feels we need to "rough" it in the woods with. Dan may however be caring more than supplies on his back...like ME!!!! This sounds fun, challenging,YES I conquered the mountain, but no water, electricity, "real" food, etc... Nope, it's just Dan and I (I do like that idea, unless we both stink from not submerging ourselves in a warm bath for 8 days, without soap...YUCK!!)Anyway, it will be just us two, braving the elements (Yeah like hiker craving mosquitos, and other woodly creatures waiting for our demise). FOCUS CINDY!!!It will be Gramzie and Pop-Pop, hiking the trail, enjoying nature, chilling around the fire with fellow hiker enthusiast! Enjoying God's creation. Sounds kinda fun..RIGHT? Well Pop-pop's not going to completely strip me of modern conveniences on this trip.I will be bringing my camera. I want to get pictures of our time in the woods,capturing everything,the good, the bad, and the ugly! So, we will see. For now, we have ALOT of planning, and researching to do concerning our trip. Did you know theymake backpacks and sleeping bags, and tents that weigh only one pound? Seriously! They'll cost you your retirement fund, but yeah, who needs retirement money when you can proudly announce I CONQUERED the mountain?! Oh Lord Help Me!

10 comments:

Even So... said...

The word verification for my comment was....

...wait for it...

cultsm, almost cultism, but anyway, you are both crazy...

Even So... said...

now it was flansame...

Even So... said...

yes, this is stupid, adn I liken it to, to...oh well, its your life...looking forward to the birthday party, we got the cutest (present) for Haleigh today...

T said...

I like the themed cake...sounds like you will have your hands full but I think you are up to the challenge :-)

My vote on the trip name is:
Thunderbolt Insanity Proclamation

I have visions of a book...but I dont think it is one you want to write....it would require photos of intense adventures that I hope you dont have....

focus...you're right it is easy to space out into dreams of wild adventures. LOL.

MrsEvenSo... said...

Sounds like fun!? A wild adventure. (cue music) No phone, no lights, no motorcars, not a single luxury, like Robinson Crusoe as primitive as can be......(without the water of course) :D I'm sure you will both have the time of your life. We will be praying for your return. And looking forward to the pictures and tales of your wonderful trek in the wilderness.

Happy Birthday Haleigh!

MrsEvenSo... said...

We will be praying for your return.

"SAFE" return!!!

Canary Joy said...

Thank you!!!

Dan said...

Good Grief!!!
It is only 76 miles up and down a few little hills! No worries mate!

MrsEvenSo... said...

No worries mate!

Famous last words.

JoyfullyHis said...

Saw this and thought of you all.
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/03/back-to-the-sweets-bakerellas-signature-cupcake-pops/