June 13, 2009

Cryptosporidium,Bacteria and Protozoan Cysts Be Gone...


A few days ago, Dan and I went to the first of many trips to the outfitters store in Ocala for our upcoming hiking trip in the fall. YEAH!!! We purchased our ever important water filtering system. This contraption will pump out 2 liters per minute... AWESOME... A much quicker plan to the previous ones we have researched. I'm so excited. It also anhilates all diarrhea and other uncomfortable illness causing ickys, not seen by the human eye, in the water ones about to ingest. We looked at all sorts of different gear etc...We decided on which tent and sleeping bags we will get. So now we know what brands and are on the hunt to find them at the most economical price. We still have many more hours of research ahead, but today's outing has definitely aroused the hiking bug. We are going to check out some of Walmarts supplies to compare quality and pricing, and make final decisions on which outfitter to choose. The ole' wallet is screaming Walmart prices, however, we've learned that sometimes it pays to pay alittle extra for quality which will in the end last longer. Not all items fall under this category, but in this case, definitely.

2 comments:

JoAnn Keenan said...

I love your very interesting articles. I'm still waiting for my invitation to make this trip with you. Better "get the invitation in the mail" soon so that I can start my "planning".

I love all of you guys so much and am proud of you.

Granny

T said...

Hooray for the water filters!! Just say no to stomach ailments.