June 16, 2008

Pop-Ups and PopPop's Surprise...Oh My!!!


To all our family and friends in bloggerville. Dan and I would like to thank you for all your prayers and we are VERY excited to announce that..."THE ONE" has arrived. Yes, you read correctly. We are the proud parents of a 2000 Rockwood Pop-Up Camper.YEAH!!!!! Rocky is 13ft 6inch long FHEEEWWWWW).Weight? 1,650 lbs..WOW. Anyway, we are extrememly ecstatic, overjoyed, ...yada yada yada. Rocky just fell into are lap very easily.

After our last adventure out in the boondocks looking at a overused pop-up, Dan and I were alittle discouraged. Yes, we were. AWWWWW. But after much thinking through, and realizing, this is not a need, but a want...Then, O.k. if we find one...good, if we don't...good. Either way, we will still enjoy our time together on our anniversary regardless.

Anyway, Kristen and Haleigh were watching our friend Charlene for the week. And one night we were over there talking about our last pop-up viewing. UGGGG. Well, Ruby, Charlene's mom, mentioned her friend at works sister had a pop-up for sale. So, a week later, we went to her house, and saw ROCKY. What a cutie. Rocky has been gently used and has had only 5 fun trips under him.He's in mint condition. He does smell alittle like moth balls, but that's o.k. Nothing alittle Clorox Cleanup and air freshner maybe won't fix. Apparently moth balls keep critters out of your pop-up. So, I guess I'd rather smell like my great grandmothers old house than have an encounter with a curious critter.

Now, I'd like to say I have pictures of Rocky to show all his wonderful details, but I don't. Living in the city limits has it's challenges and ridiculous statutes. The city does NOT want to see our little Rocky, parading itself proudly out in the front yard for all the world to see and know...."I'm home, I'm home". Nope, nope, nope.

SO, we closed Rocky up and parked him on the side of our house so the city officials would not develop an ulcer or lose sleep over the "EYE SORE" residing on Quail Roost Drive". But don't be discouraged. The next time we bring Rocky out for his bath, we will take pictures and let you see the new little bundle. Until then...

Sean, our oldest son decided to give Dan a father's day gift that will have to go down in the baby book for later. He wrote in the card something like this...for all the times you pulled out your hair over me and my poor decisions. I thought I'd give you some hair back...SO, Sean SHAVED HIS HEAD BALD!!!!! Yep, completely BALD!

2 comments:

MrsEvenSo... said...

Who is that bald guy? tee hee

Oooh the pop-up looks really cool! Can't wait for "our" trip.

All right! :D

JoyfullyHis said...

Yay over the camper! I just know you're out there enjoying it right now. And I think I like the bald guy. I have a thing for bald guys. I guess he just Really wanted to be like Chris. It's amazing what a visit will do. ;) ;) ;)
Can't wait to hear about your adventures with Rocky! And I do know that mothballs keep snakes away (and visitors...and children...and owners...naaah, just kidding). It will go away with all that beach-fresh air! sniff sniff. beach...snuffle. :D