October 20, 2008

SURPRISE!!!! GREAT GRAMMY!!!!

.
Happy Birthday Mom! This weekend, Kristen, Jared, Haleigh, Joanna(my sister), and I, surprised my mom for her birthday. We left Friday, and stayed at a motel overnight in Fort Myers, Florida. My mom had no idea we were down there.

My dad was in on the whole thing. Dad even came to the hotel and met Haleigh for the first time, and went out to dinner with us.
We had a wonderful time! On Saturday, we drove down to Naples to my mom's friend's house for the surprise party. Mom had NO IDEA! We were all hiding in the kitchen and mom was telling Christina how we could not make it down for the party. HILARIOUS!!! SURPRISE MOM!!!! After the party we drove back to Fort Myers and spent the remaining weekend at my parents house. On Sunday my mom, sister, and I decided to try and find an indian grocery store. She loves one of the dishes I make. I gave her the recipe, and we went on the hunt for the spices she would need. We found a wonderful Indian Grocery Store down there. I was like a little kid in a toy store. It was so organzied, and had such a variety. The people who owned the store were very nice and amuzed at the three white women squealing, giggling, and frolicking like little girls inside the store over all the possibilities of great new tempting dishes awaiting our creativity.SWEET!!!!!
Anyway, mom bought me a new chappati pan for my birthday. Dan was really excited to see that come home with me. He already has plans to use it to make some blackened chicken. YUMMMY! It was a great weekend, and I had fun with the family!It is also nice to be back home. Now I can rest. Do you ever do that. GO on vacation, and come back needing a vacation from your vacation? Oh well. We played hard, laughed hard, and enjoyed EVERY FUN-FILLED MINUTE!!!

4 comments:

Even So... said...

Good for you!

MrsEvenSo... said...

Hi Cindy, Yay for all of you! I'm so glad you had a great time and Charm was surprised. Since I'm not sure what in the world that pan is you mentioned you got for your birthday I'm very interested in seeing it.
And yes, I think most vacations lead you needing a rest, atleast that's been my experience. :D Love ya!

Canary Joy said...

The pan is round, flat, and VERY heavy. It would be a great pancake pan too. Typically it is used to make the variety of breads...(chappati, rotis,and dosas SP?) Anyway, the breads are all flat, like our version of crepes, only different thicknesses. Yummy! I'm hungry. I bought some new spices down there, so Sunday will be bringing new dishes. YEAH!!!

MrsEvenSo... said...

Looking forward to it! :D